One of the (many) fun things to do at PASS Summit is to check out the ribbons people have attached to their badges. Some are witty or goofy, others informational, others technical, and still more that let you express how you identify with a community within the community.
To celebrate dbatools and the awesome team & community around it, two limited edition badges will be available from/distributed by me and a handful of other folks all week at Summit. Check ’em out:
Be on the lookout for these badges and talk to us about dbatools! What you like, what you’d like to see changed, new feature ideas, questions about how to use functions, anything at all. Even if you’ve never used dbatools, we love talking about it and showing people the awesome things they can do with it so please, introduce yourself!
The Rochester, NY chapter of PASS is holding our 6th annual SQL Saturday on April 29th, 2017! As always, RIT is hosting our event on campus.
SQL Saturday is a free day of training centered on the Microsoft Data Platform. Volunteer speakers come from all over the country (and sometimes beyond) to share their knowledge with attendees. There are sessions available for professionals of all skill levels, whether you’re just starting to learn about databases or a seasoned veteran, in addition to valuable professional development guidance.
Why should you attend?
- Free training from renowned experts
- Network with other professionals in the field
- Check out new products and services from our sponsors
Do you work for a company that offers products or services that would be of interest to developers, data professionals or system administrators? Please consider sponsoring our event! We offer several sponsorship plans and if you don’t see something that quite works for you, let us know and we’ll discuss a custom sponsorship plan.
- Get face time with data professionals in our local community
- Learn about the topics that are front of mind for developers and DBAs
- SQL Saturday attendees and presenters are people who are taking time out of their weekend to grow their professional skills and networks. They are leaders and decision makers. They are the people you want in your organization and advising their management teams about infrastructure, architecture and software purchasing decisions
Our call for speakers is open through March 7th, 2017. Don’t let a lack of speaking experience stop you! You’ve got lots of time to rehearse and many SQL Saturday speakers have spoken first at SQL Saturday Rochester.
Follow #SQLSatROC on Twitter and join us in April!